The Ankle Length SPIO® Lower Body Orthosis assists with gait and full body stability when combined with the SPIO® TLSO or Upper Body Orthosis. It assists with primary sensory awareness deficits in lower extremities and lower trunk. SPIO is a flexible bracing system that provides deep pressure for support and feedback.
- Designed with a higher back side to accommodate diapers
- Ideal for spastic diplegia, sensory awareness and stability
- Elastic waistband
- Made of a Lycra blend with multi-directional stretch
- SPIO material is lightweight, wicking and breathable
- Improves balance
- Improves muscle control and tone
- Improves respiratory mechanics
- Decreases response latency
- Reduces involuntary movements
- Proprioceptive and tactile input
- Latex free
Tips for a Correct Fit:
For a good fit, measure each child according to the Sizing Guidelines; never select a size for your patient based on eye-balling the SPIO.
You should be able to place your hand between the child’s body (in the trunk area) and SPIO and feel significant resistance when you pull your hand away from the child’s body.
Approximately an inch of resistance is adequate. More and it’s too loose, less and it’s too tight.