Bite Tube Hollow
The Bite Tube Hollow is a hollow chew tool with a different diameter on each end. Use it as a safe outlet for anyone who needs to chew. Hollow Bite Tubes can also be used as an oral motor tool to work on jaw strength and stability.
The tube-like extension is perfect for individuals who want their chew tool to "collapse" more, whether as a sensory chew and/or in feeding therapy.
- Use the hollow Bite Tube to practice biting/chewing skills without the risk of choking, to build jaw strength and stability, and to exercise the mouth muscles.
- Put puréed foods inside the hollow tube for functional biting/chewing practice - when the individual bites down, they will be rewarded with a taste of food.
- The two different diameters allow you to work on varying jaw heights. Because the hollow tube provides less resistance than solid chews like the Grabber, this is a great "starter" chew tool for individuals with very limited jaw strength.
- Always replace chews at first sign of wear
- Made in USA
This item is non-returnable.
- Improves the movement and coordination of the oral-motor muscles
- Oral motor input
- Medical grade silicone
- FDA compliant
- No lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
Specs for Bite Tubes
Each chew measures about 5" long overall, 1/2" in diameter on one end, and 3/8" in diameter on the other end.
The Bite Tube is available in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
Standard - This is the softest level, recommended for mild chewers (those who do not chew through anything) and/or those with limited jaw strength
XT / Medium Firm - This is the middle level, which we call XT ("Xtra Tough"). It's firmer, but still fairly chewy, recommended for moderate chewers
XXT / Very Firm - This is the toughest level, which we call XXT ("Xtra Xtra Tough"). It still has some “chewability” to it, but it’s fairly pretty firm (although not as firm/tough as our solid chews). .
Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace at first sign of wear and tear.